Who's factory?

It was reported today that a Finnish rock group Eppu Normaali has won the rights over the usage of 'Akun Tehdas' and a company called Akun Tehdas has lost the right. The loser pays everything and the winner stays in the ring. Oh, what poetry!

I'm stupefied. Old Ramones-style punk rock band has gone pinstripe. They used to mock everything, now they are so touchy that it almost makes me laugh. Like I noted, punk's dead, and what we have left is a bunch of old men. This band is a rich institution in Finland - one they were attacking against in their twenties. Nowadays they have accepted facts and learnt how to play the game.

Well, I have always liked Eppu Normaali and I guess I always will. But this trial hassle seems quite ridiculous. Especially if you know the background behind the name. 'Akun Tehdas' means Aku's Factory - Aku being the name of their drummer. It's common knowledge that their 2nd guitarist has an eternal love affair with the CCR music. They have an LP called "Cosmo's Factory", Cosmo being a nickname of their drummer. So, it's not difficult to draw conclusions. Even the record's cover art has been copied from that CCR's album, so who really owns and what? This must have been forgotten along the way I guess. They have mocked two more CCR album names, in the name of humour or lack of own creative ideas.

In case Eppu Normaali reads this post and thinks about sueing me: I didn't write this; it was my swamp rock guitar idol John E. Horny - a secret twin brother of John C. Fogerty, LOL! Well, it wasn't...

1 comment:

  1. Check it out for yourself:
    Akun Tehdas: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/thumb/4/4b/Akuntehdas.jpg/252px-Akuntehdas.jpg

    Cosmo's Factory:
    http://www.freewebs.com/creedence/cosmos%20factory.jpg

    ReplyDelete