Kick it in, Gladstone Gander!

This June has been a catastrophe to me financially. As if I needed something more, I got a bill from Sweden yesterday: 1135 crowns! I couldn't believe my eyes - where did this come from? A fake bill? Then I started to reminisce. Last Autumn as I brought my car back to Sweden once again, I passed through a couple of street toll stations, one of them extra because I got lost at some point. I calculated that it was worth 85 kronor to drive from Slussen to Solna.

From my bitter experience I knew now that I should pay myself in the web instead of waiting for a bill with extra cost to arrive. I checked the net immediately the following day, but I couldn't pay yet, because they hadn't collected the data from that month. I had to wait for two months or something. It also read that this new system would send me a normal bill, so I basically didn't have to worry about it. I kept on waiting and gradually forgot all about it.

My hassle with address change in Skatteverket may have had something to do with it, but this bill I got yesterday to my current Finnish address directly was the first one to have. With 1135 crowns to pay? The interest and the penalty fee had accrued month by month, and I wasn't notified at all! This is a hell of sum to pay for driving a car in Stockholm. What were they thinking there? The car hasn't been registered in Sweden for months now - and I'm not registered there either anymore. Not since last December. And I should not be blamed if Skatteverket has blown it up. I did everything by the book, and that should be enough in Sweden as well. Hell, especially in Sweden!

Naturally I sent a reclamation to Sweden this morning. Seems I'm making a habit of reclaiming, LOL! Actually, I'm not laughing here. I only hope that they have some kind of sense out there. Common sense would do. All this time after my move back to Finland I have tried to defend the Swedish here and what do I get in return: a kick in my teeth! That should teach me not to pamper our neighbors of the West.

No comments:

Post a Comment