One-way ticket to the blue

I used to be without a criminal record, as far as I'm concerned. Well, not anymore. In many TV crime series some people are regarded as "clean as a whistle - not even a parking ticket". I used to be like that, until yesterday.

To end this hot weekend, both literally and metaphorically, I got a parking ticket. Hell, my first one! Admitted, I could have gotten one several times before but my luck seemed to have run out. 30 euros for basically nothing, argh!

We were attending to a track and field sports hobby of our daughter's. I had never before noticed the sign telling everyone should put their parking disc visible in the windshield of the car. That's why I hadn't put it there (and it didn't weigh a ton).

In the middle of the event, one spokesperson of the club suddenly cried: "Attention everyone, there are meter maids in the parking area! All should have a parking disc set in a car!" A group of parents, including me, rose quickly and started to run towards their cars. There were two meter maids, although one of them was a man, hurrying in attaching those tickets now that they had been 'caught in the act'.

Too late for me though. I was one of those unlucky bastards that got the ticket. Like a woman checking her ticket in a car next to mine said: "Myöhäistä rypistää...", as I was putting my parking disc where it belonged. She referred to a famous Finnish saying "It's too late to crumple when you've got shit in your pants". That was my direct translation and it may exist in other form in other countries. She was painfully right. The ticket was there and it wasn't going anywhere.

To demonstrate how it's released in the news these days, I attached a pixelized picture of the ticket. We all have often realized how informative those pics can be, LOL!

Later I got to thinking that it was kind of wrong that only part of us got the ticket when all of us had been breaking the law. Naturally I wouldn't think like this, had I avoided getting the ticket.

Still I'm mad. I can't help it. Here comes that rainy day feeling again. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment