Stockholm reminiscing

It feels funny to say it, but I miss Stockholm already now. Not the job that much (workmates a little) but the scenery and the easiness of travelling. Yes I know, in spite of all the trouble I have gone through.

I told myself a long time ago that I could live in Stockholm the rest of my life. Nevermind the language, I'd manage in everyday situations. Luckily my wife also loved it there, so maybe we'll retire in Sweden. At least that's one good option for us.

Most of all I miss those second-hand record stores. In my dreams I have found such vinyls that don't even exist! And bought them cheap of course. I have talked about visiting Stockholm soon with my wife, and I'm quite positive that I will check out some of my favorite record stores along the way. Even if just to know that they are still there.

Ideal for me would be working in Tampere and living in Stockholm, but that's not a functional combination. Maybe in the future that could be arranged but in the meantime I have to do without. Now I'm working in Tampere as mentioned and I'm listening to Finland-Swedish radio channel Radio Vega occasionally, just to keep up my Swedish. It's not the real McCoy but close enough (no cigar).

2 comments:

  1. its always greener on the other side. except when its not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The more places you go, the more places you have to choose from. Had I lived in the US, I might want to live there as well. But I haven't.

    ReplyDelete