Finals in Tampere - yet another s.o.s. event

Finnish Eurovision song contest finals were a disappointment, once again. There were no good songs available, only bad and less bad songs. The winner, performed by Waldo's People, was luckily one of the best. I'm not expecting it to do well, but I'm open for pleasant surprises.

The Finnish system is lousy, only powers-that-be can decide who are suitable candidates for the song contest. With several SMS votings the organizers are cashing in on people who vote. I don't want to vote as long as it costs. If it costed exactly the same amount as the normal SMS sending does, it would be fair enough for me. Now it isn't.

I haven't been following Swedish Melodifestivalen this year. I'm sure they do a better job this time as well, but it doesn't guarantee any better position in the actual song contest in Moscow. Russia still has just as many neighbors out there as before. And so do the Serbs. And the contest has ceased to be a song contest a long time ago.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a bit like an ad to me, but the point is good. It could be Esperanto, or maybe one agreed language at a time. For example Italian for all in one year and French the next year. Or strictly instrumentals.

    ReplyDelete