RAM on!

It was about time to do it. I had postponed it on several occasions. I couldn't any longer. I bought more RAM memory cards to my pc. It's there already. Easy as pie.

By now many of you know that I'm no computer wizard, especially when it comes to hardware. However, I compare changing memory HW to changing tyres of a car. I don't know much about cars either, but I can do something. Very little actually.

I hadn't even opened the hood of the pc and it's something like 5 years old. There was original 256 MB of RAM, which had started to piss me off. The pc's hard disk was basically making noise all the time. And it was painfully slow.

Thanks to my Swedish (LOL!) friend Jaime, I got information of what kind of memory, and how much of it, was allowed to put in there. I bought two GB cards from a netshop. It costed about 60 euros - postage included. It's the maximum amount of RAM that could be inserted in that particular pc.

I was so relieved to get it done in five minutes. It could have been disastrous, you know. Now it works better than ever. Sure this is not worth blogging to many of you out there, but to me it was a fine evening. For a moment, I was the man, LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous18/2/09 14:08

    Well done, Smek! Seriously, if only everyone could find genuine joy in such an endeavour as upgrading ones computer RAM as much as you did, the world would have been a much,much better place. Now you can run hundred other apps and blog simultaneously in your new "speedy" pc! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Peace on Earth with RAM, not bad :) Yes, it's not a super computer even with upgrades, but it's a nod to a right direction. I don't need too powerful machine to work with, so this will do for a while. My first pc had 1 MB RAM, so compared to that I've come a long way, LOL!

    ReplyDelete