I knot & Ray not

It's time to slip into something more comfortable, like... slippers. I read in the newspapers that the legendary Finnish slippers, called 'Ainot ja Reinot', are now 75 years old. 'Aino', a Finnish woman's name, is a red slipper for women, and 'Reino' respectively for men. They are classics over here, although I heard about them only a few years ago. I'm a latecomer in that sense.

They have been manufactured in the city of Nokia, but it originates in Tampere. And now they are moving back to Tampere. The people in Nokia have adopted those slippers for themselves totally, and they seem proud of the product. I wonder for how long, as the production continues in Tampere... There is even a pub called 'Aino ja Reino' in Nokia. Yes, I've been there too, but not in recent years.

I have had those 'Reinot' for some time now, but it took a while until my wife allowed me to have them (even if she had 'Ainot' already). She knows about footware and told me that they are very unhealthy for my feet. For anyone's feet actually (but not for hers, I suppose). I still like them. They are warm and the floor in our house is cold and drafty - especially in Winter. And my circulation isn't to be bragged about...

To give some colorful joy to the world, I attached a picture of our slippers. Yes, for those who wonder, it's taken on a toilet seat. Lighting is good there, and there are no silverfishes around!

No comments:

Post a Comment