Doing the funky shit

It must be at least 15 years since I visited YO-talo in Tampere centrum last time. The place was originally meant for students at Tampere university, but has been opened for grown-up public later. Lucky for me, for I would have missed a lot of great experiences. I used to go there to see some rock bands in late 80's and early 90's. Man, I was so much younger then.

I have blogged about it before, but I really hate it when the bands start playing after midnight. It's not a human thing to do. And the music plays too loud before, during and after the show. My ears ain't what they used to be.

One of my working mates lured me there. He was going to be a dj at YO-talo and he was also playing in the group which performed there. The theme of the evening was funk. Funk music is always a good choice for a live experience.

I met some of my co-workers there. For some reason I didn't feel like being part of the group. Maybe it was because they knew each other much better, maybe because I was so much older than any of them. Luckily the sister of the star of the night joined us. I spent refreshing moments talking with her. Otherwise I would have been bored to death long before the show started.

The group played pretty well, as expected. I enjoyed their playing, but I started feeling tired. 7,5 dl of ED (Energy Drink) was keeping me awake. I had a car with me, so real drinking was out of the question. The communal transportation between Tampere and Nokia really sucks.

I decided to stay for a little longer still. Then a guy who was totally pissed was wobbling in front of me. He passed me and sat down at a table behind me. It was ok, until strong smell of shit started to spread. I didn't want to be associated with this guy's stink. I stood up and thought to myself that I might as well leave now. Which I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment