Currency trouble

www.kauppalehti.fi
Normally I don't use anyone's pictures without permission, but now I'm making an exception. Sorry. To make this up to Kauppalehti, I include a link to it here.

As you can see, the Swedish crown (krona/SEK) collapsed drastically around September 2008 and hasn't been the same since. The graph shows the value compared to euro. It (euro) was something like 9,3 crowns when I moved to Stockholm, and about 10,5 when I came back to Finland. The highest point so far has been over 11 crowns! Now it seems to have gone down a bit.

The reason why I'm still interested in the Swedish currency is that I have some of my salary money there still. Quite a lot actually, well, at least enough for me to watch this Kauppalehti's currency table on almost daily basis. I'd be losing hundreds if not thousands of euros if I exchanged my money to euros now. I can only hope that SEK gets stronger in near future. I don't need to make profit by exhange; it would be fair enough to get the money I have earned there. And not losing some of it because of the situation. Well, this concerns many people, and I guess I wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't been involved in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment