Shitty memories

This is a sad news. Sad but true. And in Finnish here. A father had separated his two sons by lifting them up by their hair. He had to pay his kids 308 euros for assaulting, plus 50 € for pain he had caused. Wouldn't it be good to live in that family when the smoke has vanished?

Of course it's unacceptable to beat a child. This brought up some memories, because I was also lifted up from my hair sometimes when I had done something I wasn't supposed to do. And got beaten on more occasions than I care to remember. I'm just wondering... Hell, I could be a millionaire had I got that kind of money for getting beaten. At least I would have been the richest man in our family, LOL! Richest but dead maybe. I even could have done bad things on purpose to get some more money. You know now, where I'm leading this story?

Exactly! Small kids can forget about their weekly allowances: a new way of making bigger money has just been introduced. Instead of doing good favours to their parents, they should start doing evil things. And roll in the money.

One time, when I realized that the macaroni casserole tasted like shit, I said during eating:"This tastes exactly like shit." Needless to say that my dinner was over and I got beaten one second after "shit" word. I probably wouldn't remember that occasion if I didn't feel the spanking was unjustified. I didn't mean "this tastes like shit, I don't want to eat it". I only meant that "this food has a taste that resembles the taste of shit (or what I thought shit might taste like)". It was meant to be a harmless comment from my side. I was still going to eat my plate empty; shit-tasting or not. Well, I didn't. Being a smart-ass kid has its drawbacks too.

When our kid says something like that these days, we try to talk it over. If that won't help, we take away the food. And candies are off-limits for that day. I can't help but remember my macaroni incident 35 years ago every time this happens. I'm not saying which method is better. Violence is not a solution to anything. Then again, younger generations lose their respect towards their parents. Maybe the parents deserve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment