Woman, I can hardly American Express...

Last Sunday it was an international Women's day, once again. I have made a habbit of taking my wife (and lately our daughter too) to eat in a restaurant to celebrate that day. My wife appreciates it. She likes to go out to have a dinner that day more than on Mother's day, because it's so boring to do like everybody else. And the restaurants are so fully booked on each Mother's day.

This time we did it a week in advance. We had a good meal at Steak House in Koskikeskus. It's not an extremely fancy place but the quality of the food is admirable. In particular, we like their sauce and baked potato. It was kind of ad hoc situation during our visit in Tampere. The service was good and fast.

If you wanted to eat with ultimate experience in Tampere, I suggest you should visit Saludi, which lies quite near railway station. Those plank steaks (lankkupihvit) are delicious and well comparable to the best steak houses in Stockholm that I encountered. There is also exotic food available, like alligator.

I remember my wife telling me how she had told her work mates that I had taken her to eat out on Women's day back in mid-90's. A group of green faces were saying: 'My husband never takes me out on Women's day. You lucky you!' With that story in mind, it's nice to keep up the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment