Swedish chef does Miss Piggy

Recently I saw some weird Asian cooking videos (thanks, buddies, I really appreciate it). They prepared snake and fish which were still moving and obviously not quite dead yet. If the food doesn't move, the chef has failed. I don't know what's the point of it - does it taste better when it's really 'fresh'? Or is it just another way of entertaining rich people who want something special?

Now I read that they have been cooking alive pigs in Sweden. Not just once but on several occasions. They claim to have been too busy to notice. Or to care.

I have always been asking myself: why do crawfishes get boiled alive? Isn't that torture? Where goes the line when an animal can or can't be cooked alive? Who gets to decide? Aren't animals equal in front of humans? Nope.

2 comments:

  1. I love eating meat... but even I Struggle with the boiling pigs alive thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it seems unnecessary torture, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete