Birth of the kul

It's pretty amazing, although not totally unexpected, that the bureaucracy of my moving back to Finland hasn't gone too smoothly. It wasn't easy (but it sure was hard enough) to get my social security back to work in Finland. Actually, it was just plain slow.

To make it perfectly well, I visited Skatteverket, Södermalm, in person last December (I think I blogged about it too in my Moved To Sweden blog). I filled the form and gave it to a tax official. Everything seemed to be in order.

In February I had had my car trouble organized, so I contacted Skatteverket and Renault insurance company. Mainly to get some of my money back. I was forced to pay some bills in advance while still in Sweden and I could get most of them back as soon as I and my car were registered in Finland.

I also wanted to get my tax pre-calculation paper from last year's income here. I contacted the Swedish tax office. Skatteverket replied soon as usual. They said that I was still living in Sweden according to their books. What?

I replied (it's good to write in Swedish, if you want fast service) and asked them to check again. They did, or at least claim they did. No results. They told me it would be easier for all if I just filled in the form again and sent it to them. I did that last week and now I'm still waiting. Made a query just moments ago.

What makes me mad and frustrated, is that all my mail has been delivered to my old Solna address. That's how it seems. And I thought I was careful and left no chance for malfunction. What can we learn from this example? No matter how you do it, something will fuck it up anyway. Or someone. Now how does that sound for a motto?

No comments:

Post a Comment