Apostrophe (') Not now

Warning: don't read this, if you want to stay in good mood!

I have seen a couple of documents which deal with the end of the world (as we know it and I feel insecure). According to ancient prophecies, the world ends at 2012. December 22nd, to be precise. As a great follower of number combinations, I really hate it that it isn't 20.12.2012, LOL! Mayas had more patience than I apparently.

Since so many cultures have come up with the same date, it's troubling me. It really is. They had no idea of what the others had calculated for the apocalypse. Because nature can be arranged into mathematical forms (DNA's, Physical laws etc.), something like this might be able to be foreseen as well. If I like to speculate on conspiracy theories, why not on doomsdays too?

I'm not laughing. Neither was I when the new Millennium began. I thought to myself, "This is the century we all are going to die". Meaning those who testified the change of it. Young and old. I still didn't realise that the end would be this near.

You can google about it more, but what made me nervous was the news about the super volcano in the USA. It's been there forever and now showed some possible signs of activity in near future. That combined with the other news, it started to sound like the date in 2012 could be possible. If that super volcano erupted, it would remove Northern America totally and leave a thick ash cloud all around the world. Or something like that. That's how they evaluated the danger of eruption in the newspapers here. So the whole world would look like London 100 years ago.

End of the world wouldn't be fair to our children. We grown-ups may deserve to die because of our bad moves when it comes to control the climate changes, but the kids are innocent. If the danger of the super volcano is very well declared, why nothing has been done to avoid it. Because we don't believe in old mumbo-jumbo? Because it's more important to set democracy off in Iraq? At least I'm planning on to take a day off on the 22nd of December 2012 and spend it with my family. Just to be on the safe side. If there ever was one...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. That sounds nice, no need for paying off the loan of the house to the bank, then :D
    I'd recommend to read Cormac McCarthy: The Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road), a marvellous post-apocalyptic novel by the author. Available also in a brilliant audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, even if I'm thinking about it, doesn't mean that I'd wish living it. Except for constant nightmares of course, but that doesn't count - I guess :) --- And, like a good citizen, I will have my bank loan paid by then. Talk about a clean start, LOL!

    ReplyDelete