Slalom? No thanks, I stick to my brand...

Downhill skiing is fun. And scary. Like high places in general. When I was younger (so much younger than today), I was thinking I'd never even try downhill skiing. I was more than 30 before I tried it for the first time. It was worth trying! And the Hogan's slogan in the title became history...

When I mention slalom, I'm not talking about Alps or alike. My skiing history extends to small Finnish hills only. Even those are too steep for me sometimes. It's dangerous enough, and the speed is just right for me.

We were doing it last Sunday in Ellivuori which locates near Vammala city, about 40 km from Nokia. Our daughter loves downhill skiing too. She likes everything fast, it seems. We were in children's hillside all the time though. All of us were looking at the bigger hillside next to the children's with eagerness, but she has to learn to ski better first. We are not competent enough to guide her there.

I haven't ridden a motorbike ever in my life, but I can guess that it's the same feeling of freedom that gets you there. I've done some riding with skimobiles and jet skis in high speed (and without a helmet, I must confess. How stupid of me!) and the feel of living surfaces. It's like an injection of adrenaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment