Johnny, remember Winter

As they promised, the weather turned cold today. It was barely above zero degrees (Celsius) this morning. The wind shields of my car were covered by thin freeze. Even yesterday evening we saw a pair of hail showers, and somewhere in Lapland genuine snow had fallen down. The signs of Winter are here alright.

As for me, I'm not yet ready to welcome Winter. I'd like to have a long warmish Autumn first. We have had some foretaste of it already, but I want more. The leaves of trees are magnificent at the moment. The insects are mostly gone. There was not that many butterflies this Summer, but the crickets were still there. Let's make a note: in the year of 2009 I did hear crickets chirp. What a thriller it will be for the next Summer, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment