Chauvin's Etude in matter minor

The reason behind this post is to check if I still have female readers left. After reading this I'm sure I won't have any, LOL! Well, joking aside for a moment, this is basically serious stuff.

At least in Finland I keep hearing several women protest: "The same-sized salary for the same work." Yes, that's familiar stuff indeed. Women are getting paid less for working in the same position as men. In principle I agree with them: everyone should get the same reward for the same job. Regardless of sex.

But, as far as I have seen it happen, women don't do the same amount of work. Exceptions exist of course, but at the jobs I have had there has always been a woman who does 95% of the talking. It's humanly impossible for her to manage with the same work load than the rest. And usually those even interfere others work, sometimes massively. They use their womanliness to lure poor men to do some of their work. Am I right?

To prove my point, let's take a look at the sports. 100-meter sprint, for example. Women do the same work as men, only slower. If they want the same fee for it, why don't they race in the same competition then? Side by side. Unisex sports are rare, what does that tell you?

Admitted, I'm deliberately trying to raise some eyebrows. It's only because I'm sick and tired of hearing that 'same salary for same work' slogan. I agree, as long as it really is the same work. And, in places where I come from, it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment