Get Smart - TIC of the month?

Way, way, way back in 1985 - a good year for me by the way - I made up the following thesis:

If you educate someone, you'll get dumber yourself!

It means that when sharing a piece of your information with someone, the average wisdom in the world grows - while yours stays the same. Simple. The meaning of this post was not to brag about ancient wisdom I used to possess, but the following news I read today game me the reason to use my anthiques, LOL!

According to an article I just read, physical violence against children makes them dumber. Their IQ can reduce even by 5 points. That's much. Hell, I could have been a colleague of Mogli with those points, LOL! Or his boss.

Well, back to the thesis. Now it can be moulded into this form:

If you punish your child physically, you'll get smarter!

The same logic: while your child gets dumber and thus lowers the average wisdom in the world, yours stays the same. Sad but true. Personally I think that people who see violence as a solution, are stupid, but maybe I have been wrong all along?

2 comments:

  1. That is probably why many teachers like to physically punish their pupils to even out. I should perhaps start spanking my students,,,but since I'm teaching in the university level and most of my students are of the opposite sex, I am afraid I'll be charged of sexual harassment. well, i think i'll just drink more beer to get smarter. there's a theory that survival of the fittest is also happening in the brain so the stupidest brain cells got to die first when consuming alcohol. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good one! Although beer is quite mild a way to proceed with it. If you get caught with the spanking, you can always say: "I thought the 80's were back". Your outfit certainly would support your statement :)

    BTW, have you already changed Bush to Obama in your Darwin slideshow? He with his 'jackass' offline comments is really catching up, LOL!

    ReplyDelete