The Summer of '69

Yes, it's exactly 40 years since man (or 'a man', LOL!) stepped on the Moon for the first time in history of mankind. At least allegedly so. This time, I'm not supporting any conspiracy theories. Because I want to believe. Like I read in a newspaper: why would Americans set-up the fake Moon walk so many times? Because they are stupid? I don't think so, not this time.

It's not that fashionable to brag about seeing the incident on TV, because it reveals you're an old fart. But actually I do remember watching it happen, 40 years ago. Being only 3 years old, I surely didn't see it in right perspective, LOL, maybe I was thinking "Big deal". Probably not even that. And if it weren't my mother who carried me in front of a television set, saying "Look, they are on the Moon now!", I would never have witnessed it happen. All I remember is some blurry moving images in black and white. Which is more than some recall about their trip to Woodstock.

I'm pretty convinced that we haven't yet heard everything related to the first succesful Moon trip. I wonder why Neil Armstrong is always so quiet about it. Then again, after walking on the Moon - what would leading a normal life on Earth feel like after that? Not so many people to share that mutual feeling around.

No comments:

Post a Comment