I'm so laid back I'm laid off

Yes, that must be the reason for getting laid (off). These days you must lean forward in everything you say and do. Promise to get things done on time, even if you never had done anything like it. Signs of the times. I don't fit into lying matrix. I never have.

Actually, our company seems to be doing what the other bigger companies have done for the past six months. Now's the time to cut extra costs without having to explain your actions to anyone. It's the recession, you know. Understandable to kick out somebody. In plural in our case.

Getting laid off is unknown to Swedes at least. It's like you are getting fired for a certain amount of time. Or until further notice. I got a two-month lay off, maximum, after which I will continue working as nothing had happened. During a lay off I'm entitled to get unemployment compensation. It will take more than a while to get it, because there are so many people in my situation as well. I can take another job if I like/get one. I could also quit my job without term of notice.

In a way, I'm happy about the situation, because I had only a few-day vacation which I have already spent. Also, I was so tired after working and doing the same things all over and over again that I really needed to rest. On the other hand, I had to welcome more of that ever-loving bureaucracy in the shape of multiple papers and visits to several offices. And the loss of money makes the living more difficult. In fact, this lay off incident seems to follow the Smek's economical disaster curve quite expectedly, LOL!

Now I have more time to blog, but less money to do things to blog about. Anyhow, I'm hoping for a better ending to this year. That shouldn't too hard to implement. But then again: how many things go right in this crazy world?

No comments:

Post a Comment