Pro test?

Sometimes I get excited enough to create a silent demonstration. It's more like to give pleasure to myself than to annoy the others. Protesting without anyone really noticing it might not be sensible, but then again: how much have the 'real' demonstrations helped along the way?

This time it's the left-handed issue again. When we leave the lunch hall at our customer's, we must put the knives and forks, plates and the waste in separate holders or bags. That's ok.

What makes me a bit angry is that the plates are put in the holder with your right hand. They are so close together that it really matters how you put them there. There are 10% of people lefties in the world, remember? As I'm one of them, I can't help but notice the crying injustice.

So from this week on, I have deliberately put my plates in the holder with my left hand, creating a small chaos there. I know that my protest increases the trouble the kitchen staff has to put up with, but I don't care. Well, I have a slightly bad conscience about it, but I keep that hidden too.

Yes, it's beginning to sound like Swedish complaining. I can't say I've inherited it from there still; I have had it for decades. And you better believe it!

2 comments:

  1. The kitchen should hire some lefties to represent your group. You gotta have an insider to fight for your cause gerilla-style. You cannot do it on your own. Form a lefties worker's union in your company and demand for a change! IT is about time. As Uncle Karl said, "You got nothing to lose but your balls and chains!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right :) And, as another Karl said: "You got nothing to lose but your kidney, d'oh!" A secret exposed, LOL!

    ReplyDelete