I'm a fly, eat me

We have taken a few steps further when it comes to be environmentally conscious. Since July we have received electricity that has been produced by wind and water power. So no coal, oil or nuclear based electricity anymore. Well, it was the cheapish price that had the most saying in it, but I don't mind getting green electricity from now on.

Since we started collecting bio waste into a separate basket, a bunch of small flies have moved into our house. I take out the garbage as soon as the bucket gets full, and it gets full in a little slower pace when we have two baskets. Those flies irritate me. They don't settle with the bio basket, it's suddenly the fresh food they are after. Especially the fruits of course.

This week we welcomed two carnivorous plants (lihansyöjäkasvi) in our home. Basically I don't cheer when new plants arrive at our house, but this time I was enthusiastic as well. Yup, they should eat small flies. In the kitchen the plants are having a front row seat, so to speak. It would be interesting to find out, what is the Greenpeace man's opinion on this. I'm feeding a plant and yet killing flies. Should the carnivorous plant start being a veggie or something? Or should I buy more bananas to the flies? Or quit eating healthy fruits myself? Tricky, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment