Smek's Fortnight Cycling TM

This is my own weight-losing program. My friends and family have contributed, so a big hand to them.

On the first day I did the following:
-one push-up (punnerrus)
-one sit-up (vatsalihasliike)
-one squat (kyykky)

You can think of some other movements as well if you like. Do just one of each, no more even if you could/wanted to. The following day I did two push-ups, sit-ups and squats. No more, no less. It seems ridiculously small amount of moving in the beginning, but the idea is that your muscles get used to those exercises. You don't break them in the beginning.

I continued to add the amount of those exercises until ten. Then I stopped adding the number for 4 days. Now that was a fortnight (14 days) cycle. Then I carry on from 11 eleven exercises until twenty, and so on. Some evenings I have forgotten to do my exercise. The next day I have still followed the original plan. If I left out the day 4 (which I did by the way), on the fifth day I did 5 exercises just the same.

Day
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 1, 2, 3...
Ex. nr
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11, 12, 13...

Today I'm going to do my 12th day. So this program hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. I'm curious to know how far I will get by following these fortnight cycles. So far so good. No injuries yet (better knock on wood). I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of this. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. You might be on the verge of a exercise phenomenon that will earn you millions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! In addition to previous, days 11-14 might be useful to spend for resting, because I left that out not thinking too much about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will this yet be another one of those fitness blogs??? LOL! But this is such a great idea! You might want to patent it or write a book about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I had my 'trademark' printed in the title, LOL! If anyone is interested in trying this out, please let me know. Not that I'd try to charge you, but just out of curiosity. And, no lawsuits, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete