Calorie-loss weekend

Last weekend I had sports of many kind. My muscles still ache some. And tomorrow I'll get some more - ache probably.

Last Friday I had another match against Amig-J. He's pretty much taller than me, slimmer than me and overall in better shape than me. Plus he's 10+ years younger than me. In the beginning I won him easily, but now that he's got the hang of Badminton, it's pretty equal now. Due to the physical facts I listed above, I expect him to beat me bad anyday now. Sure he has won the match several times, but I mean like crushing me has yet to happen. Anyway, I was unusually beat after the one-hour session of Badminton.

The next day we went skiing. Yup, there's no snow on the ground yet, but we took a trip to a 'snow pipe' in Jämi. They have a large tunnel 625 meters long, 8 meters wide, which has two lanes for traditional skiers and the middle for the skating-stylers. I had no experience of doing it inside (LOL!), but it was pretty ok. I did 7,5 km's of skiing which was enough for me. For starters. I found new muscles in me. Well, not new but rarely used lately. I heard many passers-by talking Swedish. Don't they have a tunnel of their own? Or, since it must be environmentally an unhealthy construction, do they criticize it in Sweden and yet visit one in Finland?

It was time to visit the Ice-hall of Nokia on Sunday. They have an open hour for everyone in the afternoon. Since it's a smaller rink than average, even smaller than NHL rinks I suppose, it was quite full of people skating around - mostly in the same direction. It reminded me of skating around the lion king statue in Kungsträdgården, only in larger scale. There was an older man skating close to the fence. He looked like a beginner in skating, having a helmet on and everything. What caught my eye however was the long underpants he wore in his head! A leg of it was hanging in his neck. Ok, he seemed like harmless but still. My feet were killing me again. It's always the first time on skates.

Tomorrow I should be swimming. If my wife joins me and our daughter, I'll get a chance to do some serious swimming for a change. I haven't been lifting weights since last Spring, but otherwise I feel like being in a semi-good shape. I could do more of course, but things like work prevent me from concentrating on these really important issues. Ok, work is important too, in money-wise. And socially of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment