In my darkest hour

Today it's the shortest day when it comes to daylight. It's Winter solstice, according to calendar. It may not seem that dark because of the snow. It's as if the snow had been invented to shed some light on gloomy Winter days.

Don't get me wrong - I like it dark. It's just that human body and mind doesn't. I want to sleep in the dark, in a way it's my friend. My eyes don't hurt, like they do when it's light. I like it light as well, but not excessively.

If we look on the bright side, it's great that the Winter solstice is before Christmas and the New Year's eve. When those celebrations are due, it's already a bit lighter. That kind of gives a promise of better, lighter if you will, days ahead. The worst is behind and the sunlight in spreading into our days more and more every day.

It's good to have dark days though. Without them we couldn't rejoice days of early Spring that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment